Taking in Television

A little blog about TV shows, the changing technology for watching TV, resources for TV show fans, and so forth.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

finally caught up with digital television revolution, again

I was unpleasantly surprised last year when my digital TV receiver device for my Mac suddenly lost the capability to receive a lot of network TV stations.  They had migrated from UHF to VHF band.  My digital TV antenna only worked with UHF band.

The next surprise came when I upgraded my Mac to Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6).  My television program for the Mac stopped working.  No way to get it to upgrade.

I upgraded the program yesterday and hooked up a nice, inexpensive, very high quality UHV/VHF indoor TV antenna.  Just in time too.  That is how I learned we are getting hit by another lash of bad weather today.

At first, I thought the switch of some stations to VHF was silly.  However, now I see it is better.  I do not have to move my antenna around as much.  The rabbit ears seem less sensitive to direction than the UHF part of the antenna.  Signal strength for most of my network broadcast TV stations seems slightly better than before.  Good deal!

Labels: , ,