Taking in Television

A little blog about TV shows, the changing technology for watching TV, resources for TV show fans, and so forth.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Really nice TV Listings page at TiVo website

TiVo has a really nice new page showing the television schedule listings.

It looks really beautiful.

I have been using online TV schedules for a half dozen years or more. This one takes the cake as the nicest-looking one I have ever seen.

TV Listings at TiVo

As a programmer, I cannot help but notice that the website appears to be programmed using the Struts framework which is written in/for the Java programming language.

They have also included a fair bit of JavaScript in the page.

They seem to be using for some DHTML. There are some fancy effects built into the page.

Input to the server seems to work the traditional way. I did not notice any AJAX going on.

It is a very fun page to use! Quite easy on the eyes as well.

I kind of wish they included a first date aired field on the details pane for each show. Hard to tell the shows I have seen from the ones I have not, as matters stand.

I usually do not remember episode titles.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home